+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 332 Freeze plug info

332 Freeze plug info

Does anyone know the size of the freeze plugs in the water jacket of a 332?

Thank you,

Bill A

Bill
    I think the FE Ford engines all use the same frost plugs here is listing with sizes stated I do have 332 I could measure if you want? Maybe this will help. Jim
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brass...Q5fAccessories

Thanks Jim. That had the info I wanted. Now the hard part of installing them without pulling the engine!

Bill A

Bill,
    if your car is not a show car, you can use a rubber freeze plug. They are very simple. Pry out the original, slip the rubber replacement in, tighten the adjusting not. A 332 is an fe block and was used in trucks thru '76 as both a 390 & 360.
    Bill
    p.s. Are you interested in the a/c bracket?

Freeze Plug's

When I rebuilt my engine (352 ) I had the machine shop dip my block I had them install new freeze plug's ( ! 1/4 ) I was very disapointed that they did not get the wrighting straight on the plug's. They said I was to picky & it didn't matter? Did I change them and make it right??? See you all at the national's. Gregg...

Quote Originally Posted by WILLS RESTORATIONS View Post
    Bill,
    if your car is not a show car, you can use a rubber freeze plug. They are very simple. Pry out the original, slip the rubber replacement in, tighten the adjusting not. A 332 is an fe block and was used in trucks thru '76 as both a 390 & 360.
    Bill
    p.s. Are you interested in the a/c bracket?
    Bill,

Do you have a picture of the bracket? Sorry, I thought I responded. Maybe I did not send the message correctly. There were some other parts that I asked about.

Is the bracket you have for a 332/352?

Thanks,

Bill A

Bill,
    the bracket is for all fe engines from 58-62 (332,353, 361, 390, 406). On the heat riser, used or nos? Let me know.
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread