+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Padded Sun Visors for a 1959 Retractable

Padded Sun Visors for a 1959 Retractable

Hi All,
    I have a 59 Retractable and I am looking to replace the padded visors. I noticed that Concours Parts has a listing for 1959 Padded Sun Visors - Retractable Only (part # B9A-5104104).
    Has anyone purchased these visors? If so...do you know if they are correct for the 59 retractable or just a fairly good substitute.

It was my understanding over the years that no one currently makes a padded visor for the 59 retractable. At least a period correct - show correct version. Any information would be great.
    Spring is just around the corner!
    Thanks

Robert
    I dont know for sure, but I would think they would be the same as these listed on ebay and they state the visors are the only ones reproduced? Jim
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-...Q5fAccessories

It's amazing - 84 views and only 1 response. I wish more viewers would provide their opinion. Our club has such a strong following and this forum will really provide us the chance to memoralize what we know about Skyliners for future members.

Trying to find the information is the hard part(fun at times too) but it is also what gets new owners discouraged. As the club grows older it will help to keep the younger members engaged in the workings of the IFRC and keep it alive well into the 21st century. I know the forum is new but more responses(constructive of course) would be great.

Thank you for the link. I wonder if these are OK from a judging pont of view - I am sure the stitching causes a subtraction but is probably a necessary part of the construction.

Thanks again

Robert, you might want to post this qestion to our judging chairman for an ok or not ok. Good luck!

Dennis Carpenter has had them "on the list" for years maybe they finally made it.
    Ron B.

+ Reply to Thread