+ Reply to Thread

Thread: powder coating

powder coating

For those of you that might be interested in powder coating at home, I am posting a picture of some interior pieces I recently powder coated.

I'm using an Eastwood powder coat gun, although there are other ones available, and using an old household electric oven. I am happy with the results. For small parts that can fit in the oven it is a nice system. Once they've cooled off they are ready to install and it is a very durable finish. The turquoise powder did not come from Eastwood but another vendor and it is called Indian Turquoise, however it is probably not the same as the original Ford color. This is another thing that can be done quite easily, however larger parts are best left to powder coating shop. Just thought I'd post this if anyone was interested. Also, if you search Youtube you can find some good videos on do-it-yourself powder coating.

Jim
    Attached Images

Very nice job. I also bought Eastwood gun and had an old electric oven. I moved before I got to use it. I am glad to see the finished job. Ron B

+ Reply to Thread