+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stock radio

stock radio

Has anybody heard of this radio converter or used one. I would like to use my town&country radio but there is not to many good am stations in my area, saw this unit and it looks like a possibility. Jim
    http://www.rediscoveradio.com/

Jim,

I used an FM converter with my stock 55 radio 40 years ago. It was not great but it was the only game in town. I'm sure they have made improvements but you can't get around the fact that you are playing full audio response from FM or an iPod through a radio intended for squeaky AM and probably rated at a few watts. Its like trying to get an elephant through a keyhole. The invisible AM/FM conversion would be so much better. It costs more but you get what you pay for. email me direct if you want more info.

Bill

Bill Thanks for the reply I did see a ad for that radio conversion in the skyliner and will check into it ,you make a good point about the sound quality. I have also used a fm converter years ago but I dont think they are made anymore and the ones sold on ebay are about the price this unit. Thought this was interesting to look at anyway. Thanks again for the reply Jim

+ Reply to Thread