+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glad to find this forum

Glad to find this forum

Glad to find this forum and hope it grows to be an active source of information exchange. I follow other forums and when trying to find info for a retractable owner last year, I was surprised there was so little info online.

Will there be a swap meet section or a for sale/wanted area?

JJ

Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave

Joe

Great idea I hope that it goes foward.

Carl

Hi everybody
    Now the club is really international : we can communicate and chat very easy, thank you. Jacques

Quote Originally Posted by french guy View Post
    Hi everybody
    Now the club is really international : we can communicate and chat very easy, thank you. Jacques
    Jacques:

Glad to see you are looking at our new forum. We can thank Dave Owens for volunteering to be the moderator and Jeff Casper for settng it up.
    Harry W
    (Penn Allegheny, East Coast, Buckeye Chapters)
    It's a dry heat!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Johnston View Post
    Will there be a swap meet section or a for sale/wanted area?

JJ
    Joe:

At present want ads are published in our monthly magazine, The Skyliner, as a member-to-member benefit. Until we can limit access to that particular feature to members only, the ads will continue to be in the magazine only. Right now, we are pleased to have gotten the forum up and running.
    Harry W
    (Penn Allegheny, East Coast, Buckeye Chapters)
    It's a dry heat!

Glad to see the membership is growing. I'm into Thunderbirds (57 & 63), admire a friend's Skyliner but I am not familiar with your magazine. I promote this forum to a couple of Skyliner owners because I have gained a lot of knowledge and hope to have helped a few people through similar Thunderbird venues. The friendships gained and the immediate problem solving that can be accomplished online is amazing (my 63 is a convertible-so I know what value help is when things malfunction!). Groups like this are essential to the hobby!!!

Continued growth and good fortune in the New Year!

JJ

Hi guys,

I wanted to take minute to post my opinion on couple ideas. First of all I think this forum is a great idea and we should give many thanks to the people that have set it up and maintain it. Although our numbers are fairly small it would be nice to see more response as simple as good idea, bad idea, etc. I know that each post has a limited area of interest and may not be interesting to all viewers but when I check the forum I always notice there is viewers online, seldom is there no one looking so take a minute and post your opinion. It doesn't hurt a bit and it makes our forum more interesting. I would not want to read the same newspaper everyday and I know a lot of you have very good information. Also, take a minute and update your personal profile, this is always fun to know at least what part of the country a member lives in. You do not have to give any personal information if you don't wish to.

Anyways, just a few thoughts I had. Jim

Great point Jim!
    The wealth of information available from memebers is at its apex during the annual convention. Talking to people, looking at cars and discussing the questions we each have regarding this fine model of an automobile is one of the great enjoyments we all have.

It would be nice to get an increase in responses just so we can document the information as members come and go. Without knowing for sure I would venture to guess that our enrollment, while strong, is getting older and not younger. It would be a terrible waste to lose such valuable and priceless information to the passage of time.

I know most of the time I make a few phone calls instead of asking a question in the forum simply because its easier to do and you can talk it through with another member(although I have asked my share of questions since inception of this forum). Perhaps in the future I will create a thread which documents an informative conversation I have had about the Skyliner.

I know many of us save and covet the monthly magazines but it might be helpful to have articles that provide technical guidance and tips posted either in the forum or on the Skyliner.org web site.

Just a suggestion.
    Spring is upon us!

+ Reply to Thread