+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome to the IFRC Forum

Welcome to the IFRC Forum

Welcome to the International Ford Retractable Club's Forum. If you have questions on the
    1957, 1958, or 1959 Ford Skyliner Retractable Hardtop, post it as a new thread if you cannot find the subject as an existing thread. Since the forum is new as of November, 2010, it will take some time for the forum to gain content. Your questions will help in that regard. We want to hear from you
    Harry W
    (Penn Allegheny, East Coast, Buckeye Chapters)
    It's a dry heat!

This will definitely enhance the Skyliner experience!

Ben Smith receiving a birthday present from his family.

Hello my name is Carl Laskey. My wife and I are members of the New England Skyliners. We had the privilege of meeting Ben Smith and his family on Saturday at Kathy and Al Doner's home in Connecticut.

Ben's family had his car restored in secret by Ben's son. With Al's experience he was able to get the top to work perfectly.

It was a lovely day and Ben gave a talk that included all the details how the retractable came to be. He delineated all of the hurdles he had to overcome and all the times he was told it could not be done. It was an amazing story perticually since he was only 30 when he started this journry. He kept us revited for an hour.

We were able to purchase a book that chronicles the entire story. If you would like a copy of this booklet, you can obtain it for $10.00. Contact Skyliners of Arizona Car Club c/of Secretary, Jill Jordan, 19535 West Ramos Land, Buckeye, AZ,85326

PS: I had a photograph of the prototype car with a group of men standing along side of it. I assumed that the man in the photo with the sunglasses on was Ben Smith. He informed me that it was not Ben Smith, because it was he that took the photo. We all had a good laugh and Ben still kept the picture.

It was a great day and a great experience.

Carl & Sandy Laskey We have photos of the event . Can you please email instructions on how to post on them.

EMAIL: slaskey@vermontel.net or call at 802-325-2025
    Last edited by Carl Laskey; 11-23-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Wating patiently for a reply so that we can get this fourm up and running and off the ground.

Carl laskey
    Last edited by Carl Laskey; 12-01-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Photos

Carl:

This was attached using the "advanced" Reply and the attach icon.

M - J w car.jpg
    Harry W
    (Penn Allegheny, East Coast, Buckeye Chapters)
    It's a dry heat!

dear flip top box bunch ( no not Marlboro men ) . I had a 57 sky in 1977 and I miss it .

does it take a hydrogen bomb to get 57fordsforever page to work ? years ago 57ford.com posted 245,million hits that was in 2006 What happened to the Counter ? What happened to their web page that Wont let me log in ?
    is anyone breathing there send info to 812-951- 3977 leave message . since GOD can't even get through to them . I don't Do face book they stole my , data .

+ Reply to Thread