+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shifter indicator

Shifter indicator

Finally made it back to Daytona Beach after six months in Wisconsin.I left the 59 in the garage down here in Fl.My neighbor started it for me once a week.Before I left I had the 4 barrel carb rebuilt.I also put in a new water pump.Anxious to get back to work on it.Next item I need to fix is the shifter indicator as it doesn’t line up with the letters.Has anyone addressed this problem in the past?Thanks

On my 57, if I remove the cover I think it was, I have access to the indicator pointer. Mine is just a piece of sheet metal secured by a screw and there is a thin tapered portion that serves as the pointer. I would say that you can bend it to line up properly. This is going by memory as I had the entire steering column off and apart this summer.

Thanks for the reply.I haven’t tackled that ,yet.I have to try to tighten the power steering belt.When I changed the water pump last year I guess I didn’t get it tight enough and it’s really making a noise. Darn air conditioner is in the way.

+ Reply to Thread