Hello Chuck,
I can certainly understand your frustration after all that diagnostic work. You indicated that you have checked continuity on the lock limit switches but if you are jumping the roof lock solenoid, those switches would not be in play since they are actuating only the control circuit to the roof lock solenoid. The front roof lock power circuit should be a red/yellow wire according to the wiring diagram, so I would check continuity in that circuit from the roof lock solenoid to the motor. You indicated that there was no power at the motor. Did you check voltage there or just assume no power since the motor did not turn. Also, there is a possibility that the ground circuit is faulty. You might check for ground continuity from the motor to a known good ground.

As for the neutral safety switch, it should have no effect on what you were trying to troubleshoot since you were jumping directly at the roof lock solenoid. It probably is a good idea to put that switch back into the circuit just so nothing happens while you are moving the car. On my car, I changed the switch to be activated while in park rather than neutral (easy to do by rotating the switch clamp on the steering shaft housing).

Good Luck,
Dave