+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to group

New to group

Hi,I recently purchased a 1959 Skyliner.It was in a barn for the last 25 years.I got it running (sort of).I’m leary about trying the top because it might get stuck up.I could try it in the garage,but only have a 9 foot ceiling,is that tall enough?Thanks.

Congrats on the new purchase. I picked my 59 up in August last year. A 9 foot ceiling is high enough to clear the top. If it is still wired correctly from the factory, the transmission needs to be in neutral with the car on level ground for the top to operate. Best of luck. Paul from Indiana.

I would try it for sure. I did this with a friend last year on a 58 that had sat in a garage unused for 40 years. I studied the manual for a few days and then energized each segment relay by hand. In the end it all worked. Once that was all checked out I tried the auto sequence and got it working quite nicely. You should have a form of disconnect on the battery. There is always power supplied to the relays regardless of the ignition switch. If a relay decides to stick on, you could damage one of the motors.

Thanks,I will let you know how it works.

Thanks for the advice.I will keep you updated.

+ Reply to Thread