+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to group

New to group

Hello,I recently was lucky enough to purchase a 59 Fairlane/Galaxy (both badges)Skyliner.I found it in Wisconsin where it has sat for 25 years in a barn.I got it running after cleaning the carb(4 barrel)etc.I had it transported to Daytona Beach Fl.where I spend the winters.First thing I need to do is get the back passenger window up.The motor and linkage are working,but the pin came out of the track.I took the interior panels off ,but still can’t figure out how to get in there to fix.I’m only a back yard mechanic at best.Anyone out there been through this.I would really appreciate some advise.

Hello Johnyfire,

Congrats on your new (to you) Skyliner. Sounds like your car will be nice to drive around in Daytona Beach. I have not had the pleasure of getting into the rear quarter window mechanism (hopefully will not ever need to), but I did find a drawing of the mechanism in my 1957 Ford manual (I am sure that Ford did not change the design between 57 and 59 on the window mechanisms, particularly for the Skyliners). I'm not sure which pin you are referring to, but if it is the pivot pin then it is shown in an exploded view on this image. It looks like that pin is held in place with a setscrew and that would be near impossible to reinstall with the window assembly in place. Unfortunately there are no written instructions for disassembly that I could find, but it looks like you might need to remove the entire window assembly from the body in order to reinstall the pin (if that is the pin that is out of place). Good luck on your project and post pics of your car if you have a chance.
    Good Luck,
    Dave
    Attached Images

Thank you for the response.I just found this reply to my initial post.I had to put this project on hold fo awhile,but hope to be back at it soon.I will let you know my progress.

Hello,I got the window working!!! I did have to remove the assembly.I replaced a nylon roller after straightening the shaft it rides on.Now on to the next thing,having to pump the gas about 12-15 times to start after it’s been sitting awhile.

+ Reply to Thread