+ Reply to Thread

Thread: for sale ads

for sale ads

is there a for sale classifieds section on the forum? also, is it pretty dead here? seems loke most posts are from 2016 to 2020

There is no separate classified section so the best place to look is probably the Main Forum, but there are seldom any for sale or wanted items listed. If you join the IFRC (International Ford Retractable Club) the monthly magazine "The Skyliner" has a classified section (2 or 3 pages) at the back of each issue which is probably one of the best sources of retractable items. You can also check Ebay for Skyliner specific items as there are quite a few listed there at any time.

This forum is fairly slow compared to a lot of classic car forums. If you look at production numbers for the Skyliner compared to total production, the Skyliner model made a very small percentage of total production for the 1957, 1958, 1959 years. 1957 for example, had 20766 Skyliners compared to 1,522,406 total sales or about 1.4% of total. I do believe that a larger percentage of Skyliners were "saved" compared to other models, but still a very small percentage of overall production.

i have looked on ebay and purchased things there, but very limited.
    the skyliner newsletter is limited and is mostly cars for sale, with it only coming out every month or 2 , its an antiquated long wait to see very few parts available.

i would like to make a bulletin board forum with lots of information like production dates and paint colors, pictures of accessories, special editions, options, vin tags, magazine ads, owners manuals, and other literature to have a wealth of information available to people new to skyliners.

ideally a classified site marketed to 49-59 fords would be great, just need a name pertaining to this era that is kitschy and relates to these fords, like rotunda, or soimiliar to skyliner/sunliner/starliner etc like moonliner.com, something that ford cant sue me for the name. id appreciate any ideas for a name. and help with all models/ etc from the era :
    (custom 300, fairlane 500, station wagon, skyliner, sunliner, ranchero, trucks etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by oldave57 View Post
    There is no separate classified section so the best place to look is probably the Main Forum, but there are seldom any for sale or wanted items listed. If you join the IFRC (International Ford Retractable Club) the monthly magazine "The Skyliner" has a classified section (2 or 3 pages) at the back of each issue which is probably one of the best sources of retractable items. You can also check Ebay for Skyliner specific items as there are quite a few listed there at any time.

This forum is fairly slow compared to a lot of classic car forums. If you look at production numbers for the Skyliner compared to total production, the Skyliner model made a very small percentage of total production for the 1957, 1958, 1959 years. 1957 for example, had 20766 Skyliners compared to 1,522,406 total sales or about 1.4% of total. I do believe that a larger percentage of Skyliners were "saved" compared to other models, but still a very small percentage of overall production.
    i have looked on ebay and purchased things there, but very limited.
    the skyliner newsletter is limited and is mostly cars for sale, with it only coming out every month or 2 , its an antiquated long wait to see very few parts available.

i would like to make a bulletin board forum with lots of information like production dates and paint colors, pictures of accessories, special editions, options, vin tags, magazine ads, owners manuals, and other literature to have a wealth of information available to people new to skyliners.

ideally a classified site marketed to 49-59 fords would be great, just need a name pertaining to this era that is kitschy and relates to these fords, like rotunda, or soimiliar to skyliner/sunliner/starliner etc like moonliner.com, something that ford cant sue me for the name. id appreciate any ideas for a name. and help with all models/ etc from the era :
    (custom 300, fairlane 500, station wagon, skyliner, sunliner, ranchero, trucks etc.)

+ Reply to Thread