Hello JK,

That is indeed good service from the US to UK. I went to the Rockauto website and found the sleeve you ordered, but I'm afraid I cannot be of much assistance as to where that "cup sleeve" would go. It certainly looks like the converter cover hub that extends into the crankshaft/flex plate when the transmission is assembled to the bell housing to help align the converter when the converter cover is bolted to the flex plate. However that location does not require a seal since it is not exposed to oil. The opposite side of the converter has a hub extension that has two "tangs" that drive the front pump and the lip seal that inserts into the front pump seals on the outside diameter of this hub extension.

I hope the sleeve kit came with instructions that may be of help. I do believe that the sources of external leakage will be the large o'ring seal between the front cover of the converter and the main converter housing, the lip seal at the front pump that seals over the converter drive hub, the lip and o'ring seals for the transmission shift linkage and the rear output seal. I think it is normal for the converter to drain back into the main housing which is why it is necessary to run the engine when checking the transmission fluid level so that converter is filled by the running pump.

In any case, it will be quite an adventure to remove and inspect the components for wear and replace seals. I assume that you have the Fordomatic shop manual that gives fairly good instructions on the transmission disassembly and repair.

Good Luck,

Dave