+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuck...

Stuck...

I just purchased this Skyliner,,, the lid is stuck about 18 inches up, (I tried to add a photo but could not figure out how) I jump hot lead to open or close solenoid (small post) they click but nothing moves any ideas?
    Thanks
    Attached Images

Crawl under the back of the vehicle and find the bolts that hold the deck lids jacks to the trunk floor. Remove the bolts and raise deck lid. Bolts will be at the very rear of the floorpan on both sides

Hi
    Are the deck lid screw jacks still working. Are they trying to raise or lower the deck lid. You would hear some noise if they were fighting to open the deck lid. Unbolting the deck lid jacks, in my opinion, requires a few peoples because once you unbolt them the deck lid is free and will move.

Determine if the deck lid jacks are moving or not. You should hear noise even if they don’t lift the deck lid. If not then you need to get power to the jacks by jumping it on the solenoid. Make sure you are using a healthy gauge wire when you do this. If the wire is too thin you might lose a lot in the transfer.

+ Reply to Thread