+ Reply to Thread

Thread: top lock down function problems

top lock down function problems

I am new to the forum. I have been having work done on my 57 Skyliner. Now when the top is going up the lock down screws are rotating in the wrong direction. Never happened before. What switch/circuit would control this and how do I fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome! Someone on this forum probably knows the answer to your question (not me) but replies here are sometimes pretty slow, few and far between. It will take some digging but I'm sure the answer, or at least some pretty good clues can be found in this video:

https://vimeo.com/251577363 . Looking at that video, it would seem that the current from the 'Roof Lock Power Relay' to the 'Roof Lock Motors' has been reversed (see section 4, Roof Lock portion of video beginning at 25:50 mark).

But!!! Before you start digging around, making adjustments, disconnecting things and reversing wires etc, consider this:

You say you've been "having work done" on your Skyliner and that the problem wasn't there before the work was done. Seems obvious that whoever did the work screwed something up. The first thing I would do is find out exactly what "work" was done and go from there. No point in screwing things up further.

Good luck!

WE found the problem, apparently all my mouse precautions were in vain. Mickey found his way in and chewed up some wiring that crossed things up. Wires repaired and problem fixed, She is a POP Top again. Thanks for replying.

That's great! Glad you got it figured out.
    I've been told this stuff really works: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...duct-_-4205547
    Haven't tried it yet but plan to soon.

+ Reply to Thread