+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trunk Mats received - came in two different colors??

Trunk Mats received - came in two different colors??

I ordered trunk mats from RockAuto for my 58 skyliner - pattern 21B Large Plaid.
    Upon receiving the mats, i noticed that the mats are two different colors/shades. Looks like all of the cardboard backed mats are different than the mats that go on the trunk floor. Is that correct? or did i receive a bad shipment?
    Attached Images

I just received word from RockAuto that there was an error in my package, and a refund will be instated - however Jerry's Classic Cars made mention that they are contrasted that way because they are printed on two different mediums.

Has anybody else installed trunk kits recently and received them similar to the picture attached?
    Last edited by pomaranj; 07-22-2021 at 09:29 AM.

They should look the same for the most part. At the IFRC Nationals last week all the 58's I saw the mats and boards looked the same. A few of those were recent restorations. I ordered mine a couple of years ago and and they looked drastically different. Sent them back and got a new set and they were fine. I usually deal with Toby from F.R. Parts - He took care of my issue.
    Good luck

For what it's worth... I have an unrestored '59 Fairlane 500 (a very early 59). It came with the '58 style 'boards' and mats in the trunk. They're all the same color/shade and pattern.

+ Reply to Thread