Closed Thread

Thread: Selling my 59 Skyliner

Selling my 59 Skyliner

Hey all I am looking for some advise on where to advertise my 59 Skyliner for sale

I have had mixed results on ebay motors with other vehicles. So I have not yet posted the 59 up on ebay.

I have been a member of the retractable club in the past and also know of the classifieds in the newsletter so that is one possibility.

So I am just starting this journey and if there is some interest here on the forum I will post some pictures and we can start some discussion about the condition of the car etc

Your experiences and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Link to some pictures.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/GQWXH8duiPbFXJLz8

Bob
    Last edited by SPENCER59; 05-17-2021 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Pictures

Bob,

Your 1959 Skyliner looks to be in nice condition. You didn't mention the engine size that you have but I assumed it to be the 352/300 HP engine with the Interceptor decals on the air cleaner. With that engine (giving a 20% bump in price), the NADA "book" price for the car would be: Low: $16260, Average: $34560, High: $65400

Of course, these prices reflect what is considered average for the conditions listed. The average condition reflects a nice condition car with no mechanical issues and no rust with a "good" body/paint. The high condition is listed as a "show car" and would be a very pristine car to meet that requirement. In the end, the car is really worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it, but these values might give you a starting point.

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1959...Hardtop/Values

Good Luck,
    Dave

Dave thanks for the input.

Yes it is the 352/300 hp engine with .030 over rebuild 10 years ago now.
    The transmission was also rebuilt at that time.
    New Exhaust
    Rebuilt drum brakes
    Etc....

There are a few paint issues on the car. Worst of which is below the fuel filler door. Caused by fuel dripping out of the filler cap. ( Full tank and car parked on slope, drivers side low.)

Mechanically it is all there and operates as it should.

Bob

Decided to go ahead and list the skyliner on ebay motors.

http://ebay.us/vQ5bpo?cmpnId=5338273189

The experience on ebay motors was a good one this time. And the buyer has already completed the transaction.
    Thanks again oldave for your input.
    The 59 will be heading down to central California and will part of Ed Dena`s collection at Borderline Classics.

Closed Thread