+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Fuel Warning Light?? 58 Retractable

Just purchased 1st 58 Retractable

Greetings all, Just purchased and had delivered a 58 in very good shape. However, a rather large red light on the far left side of instrument facing is generally on all the time. Took it for an oil change before storage and noticed as I was coming down a hill, the red light flickered and went off and when the car went level, it came on again. No manuals and still looking for more info.

Never had a retractable and there's a number of small ticky-tack items with this vehicle. Any experienced folks have a second to chime in, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
    Last edited by Tom; 12-25-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Deck cycle indicator light always on

Greetings again,

Just discovered that the red light on the left of the panel is a cycle indicator light. Interesting that as I was driving down a slight hill, the light flickered and went off and then came back on.

I've been doing more research and it appears that the indicator light being on all the time means the deck is unlocked, so perhaps there is an intermittent ground contact in the wiring OR simple gravity when I went down a hill caused a contact to be completed. I'll continue to research, but I'll be limited in what I can physically do as it's snowing heavily now and it's unlikely I'll be able to get the car out until March. It's in the garage, but space is somewhat limited. I have to admit that this is fun. The retractable is so cool. If anyone on this forum has any input or tips or leads for experts in retractable operation, I'd very much appreciate it! Thanks all!
    Last edited by Tom; 12-25-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Hi
    Sounds like you are on to the problem and welcome to Retractable ownership.

I had a similar problem years ago. Before I started adjusting everything while I was on the road I hit the top switch for a second in the closing motion and then the light went out.

Turns out the deck lid was not fully engaging the switch by a very small amount and closing slightly more while the car was moving proved it.

Good luck

+ Reply to Thread