+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anodizing and Chrome work

Anodizing and Chrome work

Hi,
    Has anyone used McNichols Polishing & Anodizing in Michigan for the Gold trim on your Skyliners?

Also, Can someone recommend a good Chrome company?
    Thanks

I know nothing about McNichols Polishing. As far as a "good" Chrome company I'd have to recommend these guys: https://www.customchromeplating.com/

In Grafton Ohio so... may be far away from wherever you are. I've used them in the past to re-plate some antique motorcycle parts. Their chrome is superb. So good in fact that purists in antique motorcycle restoration consider it to be (too far) beyond the level of original factory chrome.

I should mention that my most recent contact with them was probably 10 years ago. Their prices were higher than most at that time and with all the EPA regs I would imagine they're even more expensive now. Around here though, they are known for their high quality work and that doesn't come cheap.
    Last edited by droptopford; 12-09-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by droptopford View Post
    I know nothing about McNichols Polishing. As far as a "good" Chrome company I'd have to recommend these guys: https://www.customchromeplating.com/

In Grafton Ohio so... may be far away from wherever you are. I've used them in the past to re-plate some antique motorcycle parts. Their chrome is superb. So good in fact that purists in antique motorcycle restoration consider it to be (too far) beyond the level of original factory chrome.

I should mention that my most recent contact with them was probably 10 years ago. Their prices were higher than most at that time and with all the EPA regs I would imagine they're even more expensive now. Around here though, they are known for their high quality work and that doesn't come cheap.
    I use both Custom chrome and McNichols. They both are very good but keep in mind, their lead time is rather long right now.

I have used Speed & Sport Chrome Plating out of Houston Texas, 731-921-0235. They have some of my parts right now. Everything he has done for me looks great and there turn around if fairly quick. Don't remember waiting more then four weeks for anything so far. If you call, the Owner Graig will answer the phone.

+ Reply to Thread