+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Front Right screw not catching

Top Front Right screw not catching

When I go through the erect cycle and the top drops down into the screw holes, the right front screw is about 1/4" too high. the screws are aligned, and they drop into the holes neatly, but the right front doesn't go in quite enough. So, when the locking mechanisms engage the screws, the right doesn't engage initially. It engages once the left has pulled the front of the top down some. So there's an imbalance on the leading edge of the top.

I can pull down slightly by hand the right front and it will catch properly and the top fits correctly at closure.

I can't seem to find exactly what adjustment (presumably in the trunk mechanisms) would help 'lower' the front right ( or raise the right rear) to get the top balanced. I've tried multiple adjustments on the roof lift jacks, but that seems to mostly move the roof left or right. It doesn't need to go 'forward', just tip down a little on the right front.

Any recommendations? thanks

I don't understand why you didn't get an answer to your question. The procedure to fix the problem is in volume #2 of the videos. It requires and adjustment of the control arms.

+ Reply to Thread