+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blinker Light on dash

Blinker Light on dash

The dash blinker light on my '59 is so small, and dim, that I can't tell if it's on unless it's dark inside the car, and especially if the top is down - impossible. Has anyone figured how to brighten it or discovered a clean looking alternative? thanks!

I agree that the lights should be brighter/easier to see in the daytime. I will say though that although not very bright, mine are visible during daylight ops... original bulbs, clean green lenses. I'b be interested to hear other's thoughts on this matter too, but I won't hold my breath. I was able to find LED replacement indicator bulbs made specifically for Corvette. Couldn't find anything but OEM type replacements (Mac's) for our old Fords.

One problem I see with brighter replacement bulbs is that they might be too bright during nighttime operations. Somewhat off topic here but... the Low-Fuel warning light on my '98 Harley is just fine in the daytime. It is so obnoxiously bright at night that I need to cover it with electrical tape.
    Last edited by droptopford; 10-05-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Droptop, thx for the feedback. I'd suffer through the occasional night time op to be able to see daytime though. I guess if I could get to them I'd at least see if cleaning or replacing bulb could help. glad you already did the research on LED, as that would have been my next option....

While mine aren’t super bright during the day you should be able to see them. Make sure you have the correct build in there. Also make sure the bulb is lined up fully with the hole where the lense is. Sometimes when you mount the bulb it shifts in the hole a little. Also make sure you get enough juice from your generator. I know when I switched to an alternator everything got a little brighter. Good luck

Was able to find LED bulbs that were 'medium bright'. Correct base. Work great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by johnhrich View Post
    Was able to find LED bulbs that were 'medium bright'. Correct base. Work great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Glad you were able to solve your problem. Thanks for the follow up post and the helpful information.

+ Reply to Thread