+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interior 59 Headliner

Interior 59 Headliner

My 59 head liner sags. I took it out and tried to get it back in shape. I have new bows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dford390 View Post
    My 59 head liner sags.
    So does mine.

I took it out and tried to get it back in shape.
    Did you have any luck?

Headliner

Quote Originally Posted by droptopford View Post
    So does mine.

Did you have any luck?
    No luck. I tried wetting it, shaping it and letting it dry in that shape. Maybe I didn't shape it enough?

No luck. I tried wetting it, shaping it and letting it dry in that shape. Maybe I didn't shape it enough?
    I have no idea. I was hoping you'd come up with a procedure and some good advice. I don't know if that headliner material was stretched and held in place by the bows and the moldings alone, or if there was some sort of adhesive applied at the factory.

I'm afraid that any glue/adhesive I'd try would bleed and show through or distort the fabric. It would be nice to hear from someone/anyone with experience in this area.

3m super 77 wont bleed through anything and is good for headliners. I’ve used it for pool table felt. That being said I gave up on mine and have a new 59 headliner on order from Jerry’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkowski View Post
    3m super 77 wont bleed through anything and is good for headliners. I’ve used it for pool table felt. That being said I gave up on mine and have a new 59 headliner on order from Jerry’s.
    Thanks for that! Mine isn't torn or worn or deformed in any way that I can tell. Just pulled loose from the rib and roof trim. Maybe that Super 77 will do the trick.

+ Reply to Thread