+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Package Tray Foam Pads

Package Tray Foam Pads

I am hoping that someone can take some measurements of the package tray foam pads that go on the underside of the package tray and prevent contact with the folded roof top when the roof is retracted and package tray extended. I cannot seem to find a source for these pads and would like to fabricate some new ones since my car does not have them.

The attached photo shows the pads I am referring to. If I could get someone to measure the pads on their car (length, width, depth) it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Attached Images

oldave57,

Here are measurements from my car. Length: 5-5/16 in. Width: 15/16 in. Height/Depth: 3/4 in.

Mine are untouched original pads. Don't know how important the exact measurements are to you but I doubt the length or width is very critical. The height and density of the foam is probably more critical for proper operation.

I suppose it's possible that mine shrunk somewhat in the last 60 years. It is probably 40 degrees in my garage right now and the humidity is pretty low. It may be possible that if the temp/humidity were higher, they could expand somewhat. Also, the pads are somewhat 'dome shaped' (squared off on the bottom, rounded edges on the top).
    Again... I doubt these measurements are all that critical; just giving you best info I can.

Mine is a '59. I have no idea if these pads changed between '57 and '59.

Hey DroptopFord,

Thanks so much for the reply. Your dimensions are exactly what I needed to fab some of these pads. I plan to order some new top pads (the ones that go on the fender wells for the roof in retract position) and just cut the package tray pads from those. I don't know why these pads don't get listed in any of the online catalogs, but this should help. I don't believe any of these pads changed between the 57-59 years.

Thanks again,
    Dave

No Problem. Hope it works out for you.

+ Reply to Thread