+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Measurements / adjustments

Measurements / adjustments

Good afternoon to all. First and foremost I hope this finds everyone safe and healthy.
    I have a 57 and am looking for measurements for the arms/power screws that operate the "package". When I retract towards the trunk my top seams to stay level versus tipping up. This level motion won't allow the top to clear the trunk lid hinges. Please help with guidance.
    Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    The link arms for the roof are pretty much a "fixed" length with some adjustment to the bottom point to allow for left to right adjustment for the roof positions. It sounds like your problem might be related to the control link assist springs. These springs keep the rear control link bottom pivot point fixed during the first stage of the retract operation until the rear of the top bottoms out and then are pushed backward as the jack screws continue to pull the top down, allowing the front portion of the roof to "drop down" into position. If these springs are weak or one is broken, they might compress too early and this would affect the geometry of the roof as it retracts. If you could have someone watch from the side as the roof is retracted, they might be able to see if those springs are being compressed early before the rear of the top bottoms out. It would help if you could video the operation also if that is possible.
    Attached Images

Thank you oldave57. Actually I found my problem. I had to take a break from the car for a day, then went back and watched the retract in operation. The problem is the rear shelf below the rear window has become rusted through and that is what holds the whole package. The shelf tips or angles as required but because it is no longer attached the package stays in the horizontal mode vs angling up and down into trunk. Looks like I have some fabrication work ahead of me..

+ Reply to Thread