+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bench seat adjustment lever

Bench seat adjustment lever

Having some upholstery work done on my front bench seat. The manual adjustment lever (driver's side) has a black plastic 'knob' on the end of it. How is that knob fastened to the lever?

I can get it to move about a quarter inch back and forth but I can't pull it free. I don't want to break it. Any ideas? Thanks.

There is a small screw(hollow in the center) similar to what holds on an interior bedroom door knob in your house. Place a thin ice pick or similar- where the shaft gets thicker as it gets to the handle- in the center and apply a slight amount of pressure pushing in until you create tight contact. Turn counter clockwise. It should come out. The bar its on is grooved and you need to back that pin out beyond the groove to get it off.
    Good luck

Thank you very much for the reply Finster. I looked that thing over pretty well and did not see any screw of any kind. The seat is at the shop now. I can't quite picture what you are describing, but I'm going to pass along your instructions to the upholsterer and hope for the best. Thanks again.
    Last edited by droptopford; 01-16-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Mine just had an allen screw in it

+ Reply to Thread