Hi,
I noticed in the Skyliner that you might be having some trouble getting people to run for the Board of Director openings. This has probably been brought up but I figure I would mention it in the forum just in case it has not been discussed in detail.

Have you given consideration to making the Board of Director meetings TWO "In Person" meetings combined with ONE meeting by Video conference (Web X or something similar). Perhaps the Fall meeting could be replaced with a smaller “Post Mortem” meeting regarding the convention and future needs via Internet. The personal time/expense sacrifice people make on the traveling etc. could be replaced by a much smaller cost for participating in a web based seminar. I am not sure of the process regarding what occurs at these meetings but it could be time to address some of the issues with three “in person” meetings. Since the execution of convention activities is impressive and efficient I bet there is a great deal of work involved that cannot be ignored. Think of this suggestion as a way to facilitate the retention of current active members who would love to continue helping the club but can no longer commit to three trips a year. It would be a shame to lose any members that are extremely helpful in keeping this club going due to traveling/logistics as a result of age, cost, life commitments etc.

I am sure there is something in the By-laws that requires the three "in person" meetings by the Board of Directors each year but after 48 years it might be worth seriously considering a small evolution to the process.
Also, I seriously understand the importance of term limits but maybe extending these an additional term (when a director is effective at their job) could be worth considering this way they are not fazed out due to a limit.
Please note I am not on the board and I am not active in the running of this club – I am just active in the enjoyment of my retractable and my enjoyment of the club.

Thank you

PS – Consider this – People thought they could never live without using disposable plastic bags at Supermarkets and Shopping Centers, but when taken away have adapted to newer and better options.