+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dome light location on 57

Dome light location on 57

I am trying to put my dome light back in after replacing the headliner material several years ago and need a location of the dome light. If someone can measure from the front of the main roof back to the center of the dome light and let me know I would appreciate it. A picture might help too. I have the clip in variety.
    Thanks,
    Dale

The dome light on my 57 Skyliner is located 27.25" from the forward edge of the main roof to the front edge of the dome light. The dome light measures 2.75" in width, so the center location of the dome light from the front edge of the main roof is 28.63". Good luck with the dome light installation. My dome light is attached with 2 screws, one on either end of the dome light housing, so I'm not sure what the clip in variety requires, but the location should be correct and there should be a wire connection in that location.

Dave

That seems like it is further back than where mine seems to be located, I can feel wires and such at about 25"-26". That would be on a headliner bow on mine?? Can you take a picture for me? I hate to cut a hole and find out it is not the right spot...
    Thanks,
    Dale

Dome Light Location

Dale,

I'm sorry for the confusion on dimensions (I should have written them down instead of using my questionable memory). The corrected dimension from the front edge of the main roof to the front edge of the dome light is 24.25" and that would make the center of the dome light at around 25.63" from the front edge of the main roof. The dome light screws are about 5.88" center to center and appear to be centered on the width of the roof. The dome light seems to be located just in front of a headliner bow (about 1.5" from the rear of the dome light housing to the headliner bow behind it) and about 5.38" from the headliner bow in front of the dome light to the front of the dome light housing.

Dave
    Attached Images

Thank you very much for the correction. I now have a dome light in place! Now if I can get a decent used door panel for the drivers side door in blue. lol
    Thanks again,
    Dale
    Attached Images
    Last edited by dalef62; 08-02-2019 at 09:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread