+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a top near Texas

Looking for a top near Texas

I need a top for a 1959 Galaxy Skyliner .

I found one in Indiana, but I am Afraid the shipping may be very expensive.

Or if anyone knows of someone that can weld it back together, it broke on both sides near the hinges that mount to the hatrack, metal is rotted through there, eas hopping someone could cut it out and fab something and weld it back together, no luck so far
    Attached Images

Top for 59 Skyliner

I have a top for a 59 Skyliner if you are interested. Located in Indiana.
    Attached Images

The metal can be replaced. My top was rotten where the control link bolted to the bracket under the rear glass. We removed the top, flipped it over and cut, fabricated new metal and welded it in place. It works great now and is solid. Dave Dudt also recommends welding an extra piece of metal in the rear pillars to make the package tray more rigid. It seems to be a good modification while you're at it. A good sheet metal man can fix the rot and get your top going again. But if you don't have access to someone trustworthy then a replacement top may have to do. You'll need new clips for the wiring harness, Dave Owens reproduced some with high carbon so they won't break like the other reproduction clips do. These clips are very flimsy so I recommend trying to get a pair from Dave.

He didn't stick around for any replies.

+ Reply to Thread