+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted, diagram of Skyliner Top linkage

Wanted, diagram of Skyliner Top linkage

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum.

Since I got no replies when posting in the Top forum, I will try here.

I am making a model of a Skyliner in Meccano, which is the British version of the Erector construction toy.

If anybody who owns a Skyliner would be willing to spend five minutes drawing a simple diagram of the linkage, looking at it "straight on", with rough measurements, I would be very grateful. I have tried doing it by guesswork, but it just doesn't work. The dimensions need to be correct.

I owned a '59 blue and white Skyliner back in 1980, but unfortunately couldn't keep it. A truly wonderful car.

Thanks,
    Mick Berg.

Hi
    I am just bumping this thread, still hoping that someone might take five minutes to make a simple diagram of the Skyliner roof mechanism. I'm surprised no-one has come forward, on other enthusiast websites that I subscribe to, we like to help each other out as much as we can.
    Thanks,
    Mick Berg

The top linkage is illustrated in the Ford shop manual. I recommend purchasing one as you will need the information contained in it at some point.

linkage diagram

I have attempted to upload the image you asked for but this forum is very glitchy anytime I attempt to upload one of my photos.
    Attached Images

Hello 1959retractable.
    Thanks very much for sending this. It will be very helpful in building my model. I apologize for the slightly "bitchy" tone of my second request, but at least it produced a result!
    I'll put up a picture when it is done, but it will be a while.

Cheers

Mick Berg

+ Reply to Thread