+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 57 Skyliner

Post 57 Skyliner

Hey, hope everyone is doing great. I was given a 57 retractable. It’s in pieces and in need of some serious work. I would love to restore this car as I am planning to retire in three years from the Department of Education and would love to have this car to cruise. I am located in Bronx, NY. Any suggestions on a shop that can help me put this car together. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

I believe there are a couple of shops that advertise in Skyliner magazine. I remember one of them mentioned full restorations and I believe they were in the Northeast area of the country. Sorry I don't have any name/contact info.

Hi,
    If you are serious about getting the car together it will take some money, effort and time.
    There is a guy in CT about 2hrs from you who restores these cars on a full time basis. His name is Al Doner and his contact information is below.

I recommend you call him and not e-mail him

Where in the Bronx are you located?
    Thanks

Al Doner
    12 Deer Run
    Marlborough, CT 06447-1127
    Phone: (860)295-9783
    E-mail: 0dreamcarrestoration@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Finster; 03-19-2019 at 10:45 AM.

I’m am located in Throggsneck. I appreciate your assistance. I am serious about getting the car together.

Hey Justin! Another great contact for you is Terry Miller of jerrysclassiccars@gmail.com. His number is (479) 750-1681. Jerry's has been restoring 55-57 Fords for years. Terry has been a GREAT source of information for us regarding the restoration of our two Skyliners. Good luck! John-mjdreamachines@gmail.com.

+ Reply to Thread