+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2019 National Convention

2019 National Convention

The 2019 National Convention will be held in York, Pennsylvania from July 16th - July 19th, 2019.

Details here: http://www.skyliner.org/convention.html

T-Shirts for the 2019 convention are now available for ordering.

The order form can be found on the convention page here: http://www.skyliner.org/convention.html

Hope to see you there!

Hi,
    Just in case anyone is interested I had a VERY hard time getting a room for the convention. At first they had no rooms available at all for the week(regardless of being in the IFRC or not). Then I called back later and they only had one room but had no additional days on the front end in case anyone was interested (Saturday or Sunday before the convention). If at first you don't succeed call back and try again - although they were pretty adamant about being booked that week and zero availability.
    Thanks

Maybe you had just had bad luck with making your registration. I hadn't registered yet and after seeing your post I called the next day and had no trouble getting a room. I was offered a room with a single king bed or a room with two queen beds. I let the convention coordinators know that you had a hard time getting a room in case there's anything that needs followed up.

OK Great. That is good to hear. I know someone else also had trouble booking but after numerous attempts they got the room they wanted - And they booked a week before me.

It would be good to bring it to the Hotels attention because if not for trying 3 times I would have made other plans. I would hate for others to be left out in the cold because someone at the reservation desk is misinformed.

See everyone there.

Swap meet

I am relatively local to York, PA (Delaware). Is the swap meet open to the "public" ? I cannot commit to the multiple days of the convention but might be interested in driving up for a look at what's available.

Yes, the swap meet is open to the public. Come on down and look around!

+ Reply to Thread