+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling System?

Leveling System?

I have heard that the Skyliner had an internal leveling system that made the top inoperable if the car was not level. I've been looking around, and I haven't found any reference to that type of thing being present. Is this just an urban legend?

Thanks,
    John

I'm never one to say never, but to my knowledge there is no "internal leveling system" that prevents the top from operating. Mine has been in the family since 1960 with little or no operational problems with the top. Never encountered a time when it wouldn't operate... only when it shouldn't be operated.

I can tell you from experience that seeking level ground is a good idea if you want the mechanism to operate properly. Not so much fore and aft, but side to side level. I haven't really noticed any problem putting the top down, but putting it back up when not level (tilting to one side) can cause misalignment of the rotating top screws.
    Last edited by droptopford; 09-18-2018 at 08:39 AM.

What I was just told this morning that is if the car is not on level ground (more side-to-side as stated), the top will bind up and not function. I guess that may have caused somebody at some point to speak about a "leveling system."

+ Reply to Thread