+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found the outline of a label, anyone with an original Skyliner have one also?

Found the outline of a label, anyone with an original Skyliner have one also?

I am getting around to working on the car after it sat for 50 years and I found the outline of a label on the top of the right (rear) wheel house. The outline measures 4" x 7 1/2" and I can make out "AN 51" and possibly "PASS" on it. It isn't the jacking instructions, which I still have on top of the left wheel house and It isn't the build sheet, I have that from inside the right door panel. Anyone have any ideas on what this label might have had on it 60 years ago? I attached photos of the outline.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tmoneil; 06-06-2018 at 09:08 AM.

I have an original, pretty much unmolested '59 Skyliner. You don't say what year yours is (except that it is 60 yrs old...1958??).
    I'll take a look tomorrow and see what's there, if anything, and get back to you.

It is a 1957, build date Sep 14, 1958 (end of '57 model year run).

Just took a look under the trunk-lid of my '59. On top of the left (driver's side) wheel well, there is a sticker with a diagram on it that explains how to properly stow the jack.
    There is nothing on the right side wheel well and no indication that there was ever any sticker there.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

You seem to be the only person looking at these posts. Thanks anyway.

Perhaps the sticker was put on the wrong side at some point. I can only speak to the 58 & 59 but from going to many conventions I really dont think there should be a label on the passenger side wheel well.

When you order the sticker kit for your car it should come with a little diagram of where most of the stickers should go.

The jack sticker/decal is still on the left wheel house where the factory put it. I was just wonder what might have caused that outline in the dust years ago and the faint "AN 51", "15" and "Pass" left behind on the wheel house. Thanks.

I don't see anything on my '59, either.

Skyliner Trunk Decal

The attached photo is the decal on the RH (Passenger) side of my 57 Skyliner trunk on the wheel housing. My car is missing the decal on the LH (Driver's) side which I assume is the jack instruction decal. I plan on detailing and painting the inside of the trunk at some point and then installing all new decals along with new trunk liners.

Hope this helps,
    Dave
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread