+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Production - Retractables

Production - Retractables

I know the factory production for the 3 years....but does anyone know how many exist today for each year? Thanks....

That is the magic question. I would love to know as well.

The IFRC has a database of member cars but I would have to think there is a large number of non-members. Maybe a list cross referenced to VIN ID since there are some cars who were members of the IFRC who are no longer members - Im sure those cars still exist but they are not counted on the current list. Also - I think there are more on the road now then 15 years ago as there are new ones being found and restored every year.

I hope someone answers your question.

Hello everyone,

My name is Shawn. This is my very first question as I am new to this group. I have a 1959 Retractable Skyliner. The retractable roof got stuck on the inside motor on the inside of the trunk lid. This happened when it was going from convertible mode to non-convertible mode.

Now I’m forced to keep the roof on during this beautiful summer. The back part of the roof got scratched too.

Any tips to get the roof back in the trunk?

Any tips on anyone in LA that knows how to repair the retractable roof mechanism?

Shawn
    Sounds like you need a top user manual which you can get through the club. Go to the contacts section and join the club as it will be very useful. Most members are probably on the way back from the national convention in Lexington Kentucky so I would wait a few days before I reach out to them.

Be more specific regarding where I. The process everything stops.
    Does your deck lid unlock?
    Does the package tray umfold?
    Does the roof unlock ?
    Does the roof try to lift up?

That kind of stuff
    Thanks

The deck lid opens fine
    The package tray unfolds
    The roof unlocks and lifts up and goes back
    However...when the roof goes into the trunk, the back part of the roof (right above the rear windshield) rubs against the inside of the lid where the motor sits. The rubbing also scratched against the paint and chrome around the top of the rear windshield. Do you think I need to change the motor or limit switch? I have a feeling the top isn’t going into the trunk like it used to.

Adjust switch so deck lid lifts higher/read my reply to your other post.

As mentioned already the switch adjustment should make it work right. Also make sure the motor is mounted properly although that’s probably not it. I am not near my car to give you measurements for height and angle of the deck lid right now.

Also make sure your running the car on flat ground when you do it and that the deck lid jacks are working properly. That’s all secondary stuff to the switch moving to the next step in the process.

+ Reply to Thread