+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Timeline Photos on my restoration

Hybrid View

July Update. All stainless & chrome is on the fenders & doors. Will post the list of fasteners we used on the website. The original Ford fasteners must have worked with the thin coats of lacquer paint but not with today's thicker paint and clear coats.

We are now finishing the headlight trim, etc. Got the vinyl dyed dash pad back from the paint shop. Very interesting - it was painted with the exact same color formulae as the car & low luster interior - but in a low gloss. NFG (Not Functioning Good) - looked orange. After using some brain cells, my guy found that if you mix medium gloss and high gloss of the same paint numbers, it came out perfect. Sure hope that might help some other poor guy save on the $150+ per pint paint. After dash pad is glued to the dash and dash parts reinstalled, we'll put the dash in and reconnect the wiring. Wahoo ! !

We also determined that if we are going to drive this puppy in the summer, we better have air conditioning. On order now. Won't be original but will have R134 and work good with all new stuff.

Hope you guys at the Lexington convention are having a ball. Would be nice if someone had a computer could post some pictures and reports on this forum.

We now have 828 pictures on the web page under "timeline". I haven't and time to add to the video. Will probably update that when the dash is in place.

Have a great weekend and a safe trip if you are going anywhere.
    Last edited by Ddave; 07-19-2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: clairify
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread