+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Timeline Photos on my restoration

Really looking great Dave!

June Update - More Photos

Well folks, there's not enough time in the day - (better write that down - someone might remember it in eons to come).
    Corn & Beans in ground and they are green. Raining more days than not - farmers never cuss the rain - ??.
    Bumpers finally on. Front fenders and doors stainless on. Ford clips didn't work for me so Steve rounded up clips that work great! I wrote it up and a pdf is here: http://dunlavy.us/1959ford/pdf/clips.pdf
    Now 817 pictures on timeline. - http://dunlavy.us/1959ford/timeline.html
    Sure wish it would have worked out to go to Lexington but I might not get to drive the FGS this year if we had gone. I'm banking on living another year so we can go then.

Oh yes, another distraction, Steve said one day "this car had a padded dash at one time". Lucky it was a week before Father's day - bought myself a present not too my BH liking too much. Just getting it dyed the right color was a pain - still in progress.
    Wishing everyone a safe trip to KY and return.
    Dave

July Update. All stainless & chrome is on the fenders & doors. Will post the list of fasteners we used on the website. The original Ford fasteners must have worked with the thin coats of lacquer paint but not with today's thicker paint and clear coats.

We are now finishing the headlight trim, etc. Got the vinyl dyed dash pad back from the paint shop. Very interesting - it was painted with the exact same color formulae as the car & low luster interior - but in a low gloss. NFG (Not Functioning Good) - looked orange. After using some brain cells, my guy found that if you mix medium gloss and high gloss of the same paint numbers, it came out perfect. Sure hope that might help some other poor guy save on the $150+ per pint paint. After dash pad is glued to the dash and dash parts reinstalled, we'll put the dash in and reconnect the wiring. Wahoo ! !

We also determined that if we are going to drive this puppy in the summer, we better have air conditioning. On order now. Won't be original but will have R134 and work good with all new stuff.

Hope you guys at the Lexington convention are having a ball. Would be nice if someone had a computer could post some pictures and reports on this forum.

We now have 828 pictures on the web page under "timeline". I haven't and time to add to the video. Will probably update that when the dash is in place.

Have a great weekend and a safe trip if you are going anywhere.
    Last edited by Ddave; 07-19-2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: clairify
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread