+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 920 pictures now on Dave's web pages of restoration

920 pictures now on Dave's web pages of restoration

And updated video - as of a few minutes ago. Things are a changing now that I'm back home.
    Web page here: http://dunlavy.us/1959ford/index.html
    Direct link to my videos page: http://dunlavy.us/1959ford/myvideos.html
    I kind'a feel like I got a "kit car" now.
    Just a few more (thousands) of hours and it'll be done.
    (Why are they always called "she" - mine is a full grown male - not a ship).
    Last edited by Ddave; 09-20-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    Dave

Dave,
    Nice video and pictures. You sure have done lots of work on that car. Your many pictures are very informative as they have shown me where some of the switches I have been trying to find for my roof are actually located. I took a chance and bought my car on EBay about 4 years ago it came from Iowa. Sight unseen except for pictures in the ad. I had it shipped it to NJ and hoped for the best. When it got here I was quite pleased and have been repairing, improving and enjoying it ever since. Inca gold with white roof, gold and white with raven black inserts on the interior. Before I looked at your pix and video I thought my car looked good, now I think I will go down to the garage and start polishing!
    Thanks , and good luck. They are wonderful cars.

Thank you, Car Guy, for your nice comments. The reason I take and post many pictures is exactly the reason you mentioned. It is easy for me to share my pictures and I have been mentored all my life like that. I had hoped to have it done for the Kentucky convention but realistically I have scratched that off my calendar along with several other summer trips. This is the first big restoration project I have done with no target date. I'm sure the results will be better and I might still have it done before snowfall in the fall. I expect more pictures total of the Skyliner than the 1905 Ford Model F build that has more than 1300. Video is and will be more complete than the Model F one also. It makes it easier when I make presentations to groups. Thanks again.
    Dave

Question to Car Guy - Did you buy your car from Rudy in Denver? I was lucky to meet him and spend several hours with he and his cars before he passed away. He was a true original man. God rest his soul.
    Dave

No. I bought my car from Carrol Iowa . the man's name was Jon Leonard

Update mo' pictures

894 pictures now -
    Does anyone have more picture documentation in a restoration??
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread