+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nick Keilen’s Operation and Maintenance Videos

Post Nick Keilen’s Operation and Maintenance Videos

This is going to be a rather long post so please bear with me. Over 20 years ago I purchased a set of 4 VHS tapes dealing with the operation, maintenance, and repair of the Ford 51A Skyliner top mechanism. Five or ten years ago, I found them and converted them to digital and placed them on to a flash drive before my VHS became extinct. I used the videos to assist in replacing all 18 bushings on my 59 top mechanism and it was a big help. I thought that it would be a great idea to distribute the videos if and only if I could get permission from the producer.

His name was Nick Keilen and unfortunately he passed away last year. However, I was able to contact Nick’s wife and son and they both have graciously provided me written permission to distribute the videos to anyone, anywhere as a remembrance of Nick’s love of his 1957 Skyliner.
    They are not a glitsy Hollywood production and sometimes the background music can grate on you, but the technology is pure in trying to assist you in maintaining the top in proper working order. It is not a substitue to the 1957 Ford Retractable Hardtop Shop Manual but as an adjunct to the shop manual. They total about 4 hours of instructions and hints. The first video is more of an introduction to the top mechanism and the other three get into the details of their operation.

Here are the links. I would suggest that you download the files and put them on a USB3 flash drive for future use off-line and bookmark these links for future reference.

I never met Nick, but I think it is cool that his family is sharing his love of the Skyliner with all of us.
    Watch in full screen …. Enjoy

VOLUME #1
    https://vimeo.com/251577363

VOLUME #2
    https://vimeo.com/251578050

VOLUME #3
    https://vimeo.com/251579694

VOLUME #4
    https://vimeo.com/251580610

WOW! This is a fantastic reference.
    Thank you for posting this and many thanks to the Keilen family for allowing access to these videos.

He must have spent an enormous amount of time filming and editing these videos. They are very well done. Thank you for posting them.

Thanks for posting and thanks to the Keilen family for allowing this wonderful and informative material to become available to all.
    It will definitely help with keeping our cars functioning as they should

Very detailed and interesting for a Newbee like me! Thank you!

Great Operation and Repair Videos

These are fantastic video explanations of the operation, repair & troubleshooting of the Retractable system. I just purchased a 57 Skyliner and will be using these videos quite a bit in the future, but they provide a great education on the operation & repair.

Thanks for going to the work to post these videos.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

I can view the videos how can I download the files? Thanks for your efforts to make this available for the lovers of this car.

Maybe something changed or maybe I never noticed it before.... it appears that if you sign in to a Vimeo account, the option to download shows up. The account is free and I have never noticed any spam efforts either. Let me know if that works.....

no luck

signed up no download choice, I think since you uploaded them you can also download them. is there any way you could e-mail the video to me? thanks mike tried again got it to work thanks mike
    Last edited by skymlt; 11-22-2018 at 09:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread