+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there any interest in a remote control to control the top?

Is there any interest in a remote control to control the top?

As a new owner, I found it a pain in the neck (literally) to keep track of the top as it goes up and down. I put together an inexpensive remote that does not require any soldering or expertise to install. The original switch remains in place and usable. You can take the key fob remote with you quite a distance away. Of course, the other safety provisions of operation are still intact.
    I'm not interested in making a lot of money if I build some for club members. The price should range in the $125-$150 range. It would come with one or two remotes.
    Email me direct if interested.
    The email address is Dave at Dunlavy dot US
    Dave

I think it's a cool idea. If I'm not mistaken, the '57 Skyliner in the movie Ford Fairlane had a remote control top. That was Hollywood though. Whether it was real or just made to look that way for the movie, I don't know.
    For me, although I like the idea, I don't think I'd bother with it. I'm in the habit of adding a few RPMs with the gas-pedal while running the top. Also modulating the switch to ease the landing speed...both on the erect and retract cycles.

Thanksfor the feedback. I appreciate it.
    HappyNew Year...
    Dave

there is a company that already makes such a thing!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Mer...sAAOSwewJTn57E

I really appreciate you helping me do my due diligence. I had never heard about that product.
    From what I've know now, I can just do my thing and not worry about making something for others.
    Thanks again, hope to meet you someday.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread