+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel pump

Hybrid View

Fuel pump

Hi,
    Can someone tell me what companies made fuel pump with glass bowl for 1959 ford with 352. Also is there a general part number or manufacturer number?
    Thanks

I purchased a NOS glass bowl fuel pump for my 57 from Fuel Pumps A2Z about 3 years ago. They would probably know the part number; the owner is in his 80s and has been in the fuel pump business for decades. In my case they wanted the old core. I don't think they have a website. Phone number is (618) 842-6130.
    Address is:

Fuel Pumps A 2 Z
    1757 County Road 350N
    Fairfield, IL 62837

Bowl Swapping

My fuel pump recently failed on my 57'. I had a spare Airtex 4206 in the trunk. My old pump had the glass bowl on the bottom and the new one didn't. I carefully swapped the bowl and screw off the old pump to the new Airtex pump. It worked great and didn't leak. Drove the car about 40 miles and tonight the fuel pump appears to have failed. Does anyone know if swapping the glass bowl onto the new pump was a mistake or if I could simply have a new fuel pump that failed?

Newer Style Fuel Pump Question

I also noticed in looking at new fuel pumps a much cheaper one shown in the parts book for my 57' Ford with an internal filter canister built into the filter is available. The problem is its set up for cars with electric wipers. It looks like its from a 60's Ford product. It doesn't look like the fuel line hook up can be "re-clocked" to improve the odds of the fuel lines matching up nicely. Has anyone had experience in going with this type of fuel pump? Also, can one easily add electric wipers to a 57'? My recollection is electric wipers probably weren't used on many 57's.

This option seems kind of logical as it gets us a filter in line but lacks the vacuum to run the wipers.

My suggestion would be to go with a electric fuel pump and electric wipers, The electric wiper motor from a 1957 Chevy will fit or you can buy the electric wiper kits form most any of the Ford vendors.
    For the fuel pump you just need a block off plate & you can use a E8012 fuel pump there are lots of these on E-bay and you can find them for under $20, you just want to make sure that the pump is mounted close to the fuel tank and is low enough to where it always has fuel in it.

+ Reply to Thread