+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to buy cruise control for 59 Skyliner

Where to buy cruise control for 59 Skyliner

Looking for a modern cruise control for my Skyliner Galaxy.
    It has 4 speed (overdrive).
    I should also ask where did you mount your control switches.
    I do not want to screw up the turn signal lever.
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Ddave; 08-31-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    Dave

I don't think many people have installed cruise control onto their skyliner.

Just a thought. You could rig together a system that runs off of the speedometer cable. Use a complete setup from another vintage car.

For the buttons, unless you want to ruin the look of your car, under dash would probably be the best option.
    Another option is to take a door mounted switch from another car and install that into a cut hole in your door panel, not what I would recommend through if you have an original car.

I appreciate your help

Not surprised to hear probably not too many install cruise. Since I have no idea what percentage Skyliner owners are absolute purists, I thought it might be a high percentage. Also, I have no idea how many owners are mechanics.

Our plans are to take highway trips with this car. The car rides and drive very well over the 250 miles I've driven it. When comparing to the only other modern collector car we own (a 1950 MG-TD), it seems it would be possible to drive it to a sea coast from the Midwest. The MG is great for driving to the Dairy Queen because I'm not 25 year old any more.

I've seen quite a few controls advertised getting feedback from the driveshaft or speedometer cable. Guess the biggest problem is having a control looking non-factory. I'm considering a throttle activated control system needing no external switches.
    Thanks again for you opinion, pto.
    Dave

There are new kits for cruise, the control clips on to the turn signal lever. Sender is a magnet on the driveshaft.

Try jcwhitney or google it.

Ron.

Hey SkylinerRon, I appreciate the info. It's been a few years since I've visited JCWhitney. I'll do that. When I lived in Chicago, I used to visit their store - wow 60+ years ago. Thanks again.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread