+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VIN history

Hybrid View

VIN history

I am from Austria and about to buy a 1959 Galaxie Skyliner with VIN H9RW102798.
    The plate of the driver side pillar has obviously been replaced by a simple Aluminium plate with stamped VIN and wrong (tahitian bronze) trimcode. (Car is turquoise white)
    Engine cast number is 5751091
    The Vehicle was registrated 07-08 in Bexar County Texas with a license plate S65FLV and 'correct' number RW102798
    Now my questions:
    Can I trust this Skyliner?
    Has anybody any further Information of this skyliner's history?
    Last edited by wauwau; 07-17-2017 at 01:30 PM.

You might try posting in a more active forum like AACA. If you do, I would suggest posting pictures of the car and VIN plate. That usually gets more views and attention and more likely to get an answer. As far as the paint, I would think nearly all of these cars have been repainted by now?

I too have a 57 Retractable from that part of Texas. My father purchased it around 1998. It has been repainted at some point. Can I ask who you bought it from? I am curious if it's the same person.

Hi Victoria - I have now bought the 59-Retractable - and researched its history a little bit. The last known owner in Texas was a Tony Sanchez from San Antonio who bought the car in 2008 from a Timothy McHugh. The car has been shipped to Europe in 2013 then run in Germany and Switzerland and was bought in 2016 by a collector here in Austria from whom I now got this car.
    Hope this is of any help to you! Regards from Austria WERNER

+ Reply to Thread