+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel Line to carb

Fuel Line to carb

My 352 was transplanted from a 65 Galaxie with an edelbrock intake and a Holley
    carb without a choke. I replaced the edelbrock with a stock 352 from a 59 parts car.
    A Ford 4100 carb will be installed soon. I have a stock steel vacuum advanced line
    to replace the plastic tubing. What's still missing the the stock steel fuel line
    from the pump to the Ford carb. Who wants rubber tubing? UK!
    At the local bone yard, the fittings usually are stuck solid. I'm open to suggestions.

You probably won't be able to find a good used one, you can buy some 5/16 fuel line from a parts store and make up a new one or you can get a piece of 8 or 10 gauge copper wire and make a template with all the bends you need to get from the fuel pump to the carburetor and then take the template to a shop and have someone make you a line from your template.
    You might want to contact Jerry Miller they may sell the pre-bent line. http://jerrysclassiccars.com/

It didn't long for me to figure out the best route. Go to Rock Auto...look at the pictures of the fuel pumps for the 65 T-Bird and a 65 Galaxie w/an FE engine. Next step was Larry's Thunderbird parts catalog on line.
    A new fuel line is on order. I forgot the price + shipping....not much. Now all I need is the fresh..rebuilt 4100 carb. My 59 with the 65 352/59 intake/ rebuilt 4100 carb/ and proper steel vacuum advance & fuel lines.
    The valve covers & air cleaner are powder coated in the correct light blue. One step at a time on a shoe string budget......and lots-o-patience.

Ref. the pre-formed gas line for a 65 T-Bird; It does not fit my FE block. My final solution is.....use the cleaned up gas line from the bone yard....less the end fittings (rusted in place) A short section of rubber tubing
    and clamps work just fine. You can't see the rubber tubing unless you really search for it.

Just duplicate the old steel line with new line flared for the fittings.

Ron.

+ Reply to Thread