+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for information on 2 motors from 1958 Skyliners

Looking for information on 2 motors from 1958 Skyliners

Hello,
    I have 2 complete motors ( 1 also has a transmission attached) from 2 1958 Skyliners that my Father was resorting before he passed away. I have tried to research the motors online but so far have had no luck. I'm trying to find the block numbers so I can determine what size they are. I have cleaned one a bit and found a couple of numbers but I don't think they are block numbers. My question is, can the block number be seen while the motors are complete or do they have to be taken apart? Also trying to find out what they might be worth.
    Thank you for any information

The engines were identified by color. What color is the engine block?

Hi, it looks to me like one is red and the other orange (maybe it's faded red). The one that appears orange has "Thunderbird" on the valve covers. I've attached a couple of photos.
    Attached Images

Updated block information with photos attached

I have attached 2 more photos of block number I found. I read the following information on the website "ford-y-block.com"

"Dearborn numbers, also found (upside down) near generator. Typically 272. There were some EDB 292 blocks cast at Dearborn. Dearborn symbol is DIF indicating Dearborn Industrial Foundry. There have been no reports of any 312 blocks cast at Dearborn."

There is a photo of the upside down numbers on the website and it looks similar to mine but I don't see the DIF.

My block number is upside down and appears to start with EDB. The other photo are numbers near the block number, which is also shown in the photo on the y block website.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Thank you!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tami W; 05-10-2017 at 10:07 AM.

If they are the originals and who knows after 60 years they should be 292's. Possibly anything from 239 to 312 with Y-block engines though.

Ron.

+ Reply to Thread