+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Painting foam sun visor

Painting foam sun visor

Ref. 59 foam sun visor; What brand of paint and the color needed for off white
    foam padded sun visor on a 59?

Good News. I now have the spray paint. The cap on the can matches my sun visors. The can was under $10. + shipping.
    After painting, I'll report the color and mfg.

Keep us posted, my visors and visor arms are completely missing from mine. So that'll be on my list as I finish the restoration.

I think it's time to go into the garage and bring the rattle can up to the PC. I struck out at the favorite auto parts store. Ebay was next. BINGO!! For less then $10. + shipping I got a real close off white.
    Majic...DIAMOND HARD Spray Enamel. Levels like glass. Sticks to plastic, glass, vinyl, tile, aluminum, brick, concrete, steel, copper, wood, pvc, masonry, any hard to paint surface.
    Guaranteed to stick to any surface without a primer. Off-White 8-21519 Bar code 0 5275215198 1
    Yenkin-Majestic
    Paint Corporation
    Columbus, Ohio 43219

I'm sure you already know......the Sunliner and Skyliner use shorter sun visors. Mine had a pair of tired reproductions. The plastic ball was broken off on one. I found a NOS in the box, wrong size, visor in brown.
    After many coats of the off white paint, I mounted it. It's too long. I bought a reproduction ball clip, mounted it to the center screw of the mirror. The other visor pulled out on the rod. Though not to spec. it works.
    The NOS visor was dirt cheap compared to a pair of new reproduction visors. I was the only bidder. Lucky!

the skyliners Used Coved visors that curved to be snug With the sheet metal above them , not Flat visors .
    IF you got Real Good Foam Molds , Cover them With White (mono Coat ) ,used in RC air craft builds . then heat shrink em up for pro look .

+ Reply to Thread