+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seat belt mounting location

Seat belt mounting location

So before the carpet goes in I need to know where to drill for the seat belt anchors.
    There is a factory hole punched on the driver side tunnel only . Would that be one ?
    No dimples that I can see that might indicate the factory location.

I'm installing aftermarket belts that use a plate style that bolts down. Wish I could
    find the eyebolt style because the belt length is completely adjustable.

Also the rear location?

Very interesting. I bought my seat belts from MACS for my 59. 60" rear and 74" front. They got installed without removing the carpets....easy. I used a round punch and a hammer.
    The front holes got punched with 3 swings......+ more taps for the size of the bolts. Location in the front....in the corners of the foot area. They drop straight down from the front seat
    in it's rear most adjustment. For the back seat....straight down from the back edge of the bottom cushion. Remember, this is for a 59. 58s may not be similar enough.
    Don't drill through the carpet. What a way to ruin the carpet.

So you punched thru the carpet and the floor pan ? Or drilled out the floor pan after the carpet was punched out ?

I went ahead and installed the carpet before locating the seat belt mount when I realized if the carpet is not put down with adhesive it can be pulled back to drill the holes even with the front seat installed.

Under the post "Paul starts body off restoration of 59" in the main forum he posted a picture of the floor pan that clearly shows the eye bolt seat belt mounts .
    Thanks Paul ! And John , was the 74" length ideal ?

+ Reply to Thread