Thread: '58 Skyliner Resurrection

Threaded View

I heard the story that one time they had new tires put on it and one of the rear wheels fell off when my mother in-law was driving it. While working on the car, I found the damage from that incident in the drivers rear wheel well when I was rebuilding the brakes. I also noticed that the spare wheel isn't original, probably a replacement after the bolt holes were rounded out of the wheel that fell off. After my father in-law retired from the Navy, they moved to Pasadena, MD, where the car was put in their two car garage sometime in 1967, and the heating system was disassembled. The car sat until November, 2014. My father in-law passed away in 2003, and we were selling my in-laws' house. Both of them were hoarders and the Skyliner was literally buried in the garage. After removing an entire dumpster load of trash out of the other bay (and finding a boat!!!! that my wife didn't even know they still had) I could finally see the Skyliner. I should also mention that my wife could too, since it had been buried in the far garage bay since before she was born and she had never seen it either. All she knew was that part of it was white.

Last edited by Breadbox; 02-27-2017 at 04:11 PM.