+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Correct Belt Diagram for 1959 Skyliner 332CI With P/S and AC

Need Correct Belt Diagram for 1959 Skyliner 332CI With P/S and AC

Recently, I bought a '59 Skyliner 332 CI equipped with AC and PS. I noticed the generator only had one belt attached but the pulley has two channels. One would think..."just add and run the second one in the same pattern as the one already on there". However, that second channel on the water pump is already being used. This leads me to think one or more of the belts are not correct and/or may not be routed right. Therefore, I would like to "Zerobase" this and get the right belts, channels and pattern(s).

Starting with the crank I would deeply appreciate if you could please give me the correct belt sequence front to rear. In addition, the correct routing including the right channel of each pulley for each belt.

If you don't have this info handy, do you know where I could get it? I haven't found any other '59 Skyliners I could look at to get the patterns in any car gatherings out here (So. Cal).

Best Regards and Very Much Appreciated.

Every owner of an old vehicle should have an original printed shop manual. Owners of Skyliners might find a use for the 49 to 59 illustrated + text parts books. Another very useful book is in purple..I forgot the name.
    All are usually found on eBay. Shop for the best prices.

I would love to see that same diagram XCentrick. The shop manual does not appear to show this. It shows other combinations but I have not seen the FE engine with power steering and air conditioning simultaneously. The Power steering uses the second crank pulley groove and the AC compressor uses the front (third) groove on the water pump. So the second groove on the generator goes.....? I ended up using a long enough belt to wrap around the second groove of the generator and the power steering pump and the second groove of the water pump pulley. Not sure if its correct but I never saw an accurate photo. Here's the closest thing I see in the shop manual but it never shows air conditioning AND power steering in the same photo.

Belt Routing.png

I had the same question!
    Took me some time but I found it!
    (Its not in the 59 parts book, the 49-59 parts book, or the 59 shop manual btw)
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread