+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accessory / option price list for 1959?

Accessory / option price list for 1959?

I do have a reprint of 1959 Accessory price list but it doesn't have prices for all optional equipment.

So does anyone know a source for 1959 prices where more options would be listed with price?

1959 pricing is missing for "visored spotlight mirrors", "sport spare wheel carrier", "beauty guard fender shields", "wheel cover dress-up kit" etc.

Probably the optional accessory pricing varied from dealer to dealer and that's why there is no common price list available?

Sport Spare Wheel Carrier: Skyliner $119.95. All other models $132.95
    Beauty Guard Fender Shields ( Rear Fender Shields) Prime Coat $14.95. Stainless Steel $24.25
    Wheel Cover Dress-up kit: $9.95
    Full View Mirror (outside mounted) $ 3.95. This is a round mirror. There is no mention of a hooded spotlight mirror in the literature that I have.
    These are all dealer installed options and prices listed are less dealer costs.
    Prices came from the Buyer's digest of New Car Facts for '59. This was a publication given to prospective buyers to help them select body styles and options in 1959.

Thank You Ron.

The reason I'm looking for these is that my 1959 was invited to a local new car show where some Toyota, Volkswagen, Mazda, Skoda, Mercedes-Benz and BMW dealers exhibit the new models for 2017. There is no Ford dealer present in the show so my car will be the one and only Ford there - and also the one and only old car on location. I thought I could make a price list for the 1959 and calculate how much the car would cost in today's currency.

I warned those new car dealers that it might not be a good idea for them to have a '59 Skyliner present at a show that is aimed to gain attention to the new 2017 cars but they just laughed that an old used Ford from 1950s can't steal the show from their brand new cars ... let's see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by heikkisky View Post
    I warned those new car dealers that it might not be a good idea for them to have a '59 Skyliner present at a show that is aimed to gain attention to the new 2017 cars but they just laughed that an old used Ford from 1950s can't steal the show from their brand new cars ... let's see what happens
    Those dealers might be in for a surprise...Let us know how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread