PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone,

Satch's Son
12-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Hello all,

I am a Skyliner owner/inheritor. My father was, (i believe) a member of your carclub, back in the time before the internet. I remember seeing your logo "around the house" on stickers and such.

In October of 1996 he was struck by another driver, suffered a brain injury and was disabled for the rest of his time on this earth. He passed away in 2010. Leaving the cars and extra parts to me.

Since his accident his two 58 Ford Retractables have "lived" in the garage behind my house. One of the cars was driven only a few times during and after that time period, and the other has been sitting in the garage since it was driven into the garage sometime around 1994-5.

In April of 2013 I drove the turquoise and white retractable to my wedding. Since then I have only had it out of the garage once. As you can tell I do not get/take the opportunity to drive the car often, but still, it is pretty nice looking.

I have uploaded and attached a few pictures of the T&W car.

Ford Only
12-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Very nice!

Finster
12-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Looks great. Put it to some use.

Garry
12-22-2015, 02:54 AM
Really nice looking car.I was in the same position as you three years ago.When my dad passed away I inherited his 59.At first I found it difficult to take out.Retractables are a rare sight here in the UK.And my dad and his car were well known.Now I drive her about 1000 miles a year throughout the summer car show season.I also now have a 66 Mustang.I drive the Retractable with pride and always with a smile on my face.Its what Dad would have wanted.Get out her out and enjoy.