PDA

View Full Version : Seat Placement

59fairlane
12-25-2010, 08:28 AM
When the front floors were replaced in my '59 Skyliner, the holes for the front seat were not made.
I need to know the proper measurements to locate & drill the holes for the front seat.
Thanks, Bob.

skeehorse
01-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Bob I have the seats out of my 59 skyliner and I could give the measurements if you can tell me what to use for reference points such as factory seams holes ect. hope that helps Jim

59fairlane
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi Jim,
If you could use the line where the floor meets the upswing of the firewall to the hole & also from the outside of the rocker panel to the hole, that should do the trick. Thanks for your help! Bob.

skeehorse
01-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Bob,

I measured my car and I found the upswing of the floor pan varied slightly from side to side. I found it was more accurate to measure from the base of the vertical backseat brace. Here are the measurements: from the base of the backseat to the rear seat bolt is 16 1/2 inches. This is also used for one of the body mounts. It is the body mount on the inside of the frame nearest the rear of the muffler. The front bolt measures 34 1/4 inches from the brace of the backseat. I measured 10 inches from the rocker panel edge. This is the edge that the scuff plate forms down over, not the very outside of the rocker. I hope these measurements help, you can verify them by measuring your seat base and referencing off your body mounts, which are the rear seat bolt anchoring points. If you have any questions, or need pictures let me know. Hope this helps, Jim.

59fairlane
01-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks Jim,
Your info. was great & much appreciated!
Bob.